Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rv motorhome build
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 10:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Rv motorhome build

Hello:
Want to throw this out there and get ur thoughts on what I am planning on building.
1) 1978 Mobile Traveler Rv @ 18.5 ft long. GVW is 8,400# with a 4.10 rear axle. (I think real weight is about 7,000#?) Motor is a 5.7 350 4 bolt main which will be a rebuilt motor from Mabbco Enterprises out of Tyler Texas. Going with dished cast pistons w/hardened rod bolts, nothing fancy.
2)The cam is going to be the Lunati 256/262 60101Lk cam w/lifters. Heads are going to be the RHS Vortec's with 170cc 202/160 valves.
3) I think I made a mistake by buying the KMJ airgap vortec intake. After I bought, I found a couple bad reviews. 1 on the intake I just bought( to much slag) and the claim that the distributor hole was off 1/4"? So, I am hoping that this has been corrected by the company that manufactures these.
3) I am thinking of the 680cfm vacuum secondaries Quick fuel carb.
4) Head gaskets are fel pro 1003 @ .041 compression thickness.

Well, I do not know the deck height, nor do I know the cc of the top of the pistons which are dished. But I think it is safe to say it is going to be near stock values.
What can I expect on Horse power? I am after low end torque for climbing all the mountains in Arizona on the highways, as well as low end torque when I take it off road for camping...I consider this my billygoat on wheels..It can get into places that 4x4 do..Nothing fancy here folks at all.
Thanks