Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rv motorhome build
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 01:23 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Rv motorhome build

38 special:
Your right on the 14 bolt rear end. currently that is what I have in it. I kind of think it should have been dually rear axle, but Mobile Traveler used the 1 ton cutaway van with single rear wheels...I would have to convert over to a detroit locker, or posi rearend. I am tired of getting stuck in sand, mud and loose gravel. It sinks like the Titanic and down here in Az., there are not a lot of heavy tree's to use a winch on to pull this boat anchor out~! They had a design flaw when they installed the holding tanks in the rear. They are so low to the ground that I have destroyed them several times and recently fubared them to the point they can't be repaired anymore...So, 4x4 and a lift kit, after the new motor...Currently looking at Craig's list looking for 3/4 /1 ton 4x4 chevy truck up to 1982 for the running gear...Dana 60 with 4.10's...If nothing else, we are going to have fun doing it and learn through mistakes...Measure 4x, cut once~!
Thanks for the reply~!