Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rv motorhome build
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 09:53 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72
Running ms1 and a tbi unit would work well in this app and is pretty cheap. Usually I would go with a standard oil pump but in your high stress application id go high vol high presure. The airgap intake will work fine. Id go with a 200 or 210 thermostat and an oil cooler too. Tbi injection will really help your fuel consumption over a quadrajet, and tuning is a breeze. The more running conditions vary the more going efi can help, I think this would qualify and very varried.
I found this ironic, because this morning, before coming here, I was just looking at the FAST efi under 600hp conversion system. I was really impressed with what I saw. Best of all, I don't need to become a rocket scientist to install it, so that might be an option. I do have a question, though. Some years ago, I had a 1 ton chevy TBI truck. I tried like hell to get better fuel mileage by going with a mild chip. The best mileage was only 10mpg. Needless to say, I got rid of it. Then I ran into this vehicle and gambled on it by trading a 1978 Jeep wagoneer straight up. The Jeep did get 12mpg. This rig almost got the same mileage, as long as I did my part. (55mph) on the freeways and best throttle on streets...Now the motor is toasted, so options are still on the table for this build..
Thanks for the idea and again, I was looking at the FAST EFI fuel injection kit this morning~!