Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rv motorhome build
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethn_bert
It might be too late, but if you find the right suburban/pickup you can take the entire frame and drivetrain with the BBC. The 454 will make the torque you are looking for with a few minor modifications. A later year model will net you fuel injection and a 4l80e as well. If you do it right you can sell your small block and get your frame, 4x4, and BBC and make some money.

I have a 98 2500 w/ a 454 4x4 long bed reg cab. Want me to measure the wheel base and stuff for you?
ethn_bert.
Wow, if you can do a measurement that would be great. I can find out how long mine is, but I would have to get over to the storage place and get the manuals out to learn the info. From what I researched, up to 86 would work under mine, but as another person just said, beware of the Dana 44, not strong enough...I am a veteran and I have been looking at the M1009 trucks the military is/was using. They are 1-1/4 ton rated with Dana 60's both front and rear with very heavy duty parts under them (detroit lockers, but w/4.56)...Only drawback is the diesel motor in them. they suck~! So, I have been looking for one within my $ range to get through Gov. auction and then sell what is left on ebay..