Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rv motorhome build
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 02:15 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

did not buy RHS heads

Hello:
I contacted the vendor that had the RHS heads and asked what parts were in the heads...Comp Cams parts were supposed to be in them...His reply was that they were not comp Cams parts...He gave no additional information as to what valves, springs and retainers were in them....
So, I went with the Summit Racing Vortec heads....They are made by Dart, as many know and I am really impressed with the quality of the heads....67cc chamber w/1.92 I/1.54E Now after drueling over them for about 5 min. I saw how nice the Intake ports look as well as the exhaust ports...I am really wondering if these are "sleeper" heads~! The ports have no real ridges in them like the old fuelie heads did where you had to take a dremel tool and smooth them out...Also the intake gaskets are so close, that I am not going to do anything to them, as to matching them. Both set of valves were undercut before the seat! I did not expect that, but they are..Overall, although the claim is 232 cfm on Intake and 139 on Exhaust. I have a feeling these might flow more~!
I think I got a woody~!