Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - s10 1995 2.2 2wd shift problems
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 06:28 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showmehow
The truck was donated to me. The previous owner apparently had the transmission serviced alright.

The 3rd, 4th and gears have no problems at all, I can't even notice shifting, so smooth it shifts. The engine runs strong for the l4 and gas mileage is at least 20 mpg.
My guesses were the throttle position sensor low voltage, the 1-2 solenoid, or the vaccum modulator. A couple friends suggested the kickback cable, but I do not think that vehicle has one, but a solenoid.
The accumulator is a better suggestion, thanks. I'll service it tomorrow and come by.

Thanks again.

Interesting.

A low voltage TPS would set a code. You could scan scan for codes or a history in the computer. You need a real scanner , not cheap code reader.

The cable the friends speak of is a TV cable. Your trans is a 4L60E.

There is no vacuum modulator on this trans... never was one on the 700r4 style of trans.

A pair of shift solenoids are easy to swap out.

a photo of the shift solenoids.