s10 350cid engine what trans 2 go with - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2003, 12:58 PM
The_Hit_Man

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Exclamation s10 350cid engine what trans 2 go with

Was wondering what transmission to go with on my 88 chevy s10 pick up. Im putting in a 350-45701 Jegs Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap which can be found at www.jegs.com. question is what transmission should i put with this conversion i am doing? i was told a th350 turbo. but i cant seem to find them in any catalogs. so if you guys have some input it would be helpful. thanks alot people for listening.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2003, 01:41 PM

Last photo:

I had an '87 s-10 with a mild 350 and a near stock 700R4 that would run high 12's in the 1/4. It also got about 17 mpg. I'd go with a 700, they work well in light vehicles.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:45 PM
The_Hit_Man

Last photo:

my engine will be putting out alor of horse from 350 to 410 horse with about 350 to 477 ft lbs of torque if that helps
Old 09-22-2003, 05:09 PM

Last photo:

My engine was copied off the chevy high performance magazines 420 hp build up and put out very close to that number considering it's weight and 1/4 mile times. Good luck finding traction
It had a stock '90 700R4 with only raybestos frictions and a few holes drilled in select locations in the seperator plate. No vette servo, no .500 boost valve. Nothing special.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:39 AM
The_Hit_Man

Last photo:

i put the exact engine im using in this post already you can look it up. it is built by edelbrock. the engine is located at www.jegs.com i put the part number next to it too
Old 09-23-2003, 12:51 PM

i have a 93 s10 with a 350 sbc in it and i chose to go with a muncie m20 because i would rather have a manual then a auto lol plus i got the muncie supper cheap.
Old 09-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:

Currently my SBC S-10 runs a TH350, ,but because of the rear end gears (4.10) I get absolutely no fuel economy, and I drive the truck daily until the snow flies. So this winter I'm going to a 700R4 for the overdrive, plus 1st gear is lower than 1st in the TH350 so off the line the truck will improve, if it'll hook up.

I'd suggest a 700r4 for the reasons I've given you, get a 700 from a 1987 or newer vehicle because I've heard the earlier versions were junk.

bonuts
Old 09-28-2003, 03:25 PM
The_Hit_Man

Last photo:

ok here the exacts on my horse power output that im going to have in my chevy 350 410hp with 408ft lbs. if some one could tell me exactly what tranny to go with thats automatic that would be nice. i justr found out that the th350 turbo will not be able to handle the 410hp my edelbrock engine is poutting out. and i dont think the th400turbo will do it niether. im not a tranny type person i have really no knowledge in this area so i really could use the help alot. if any one lives in jacksonville florida that would be even better too.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:42 PM

A quality rebuilt turbo 350 will be able to handle the power you are putting out just fine. They have been run behind many an engine more powerful that 420 hp very successfully.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:36 PM
The_Hit_Man

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Robinson Robin
A quality rebuilt turbo 350 will be able to handle the power you are putting out just fine. They have been run behind many an engine more powerful that 420 hp very successfully.
so basically if i get a brand new turbo hydro 350 automatic transmission built by tci should be fine then ok thank you for answering my question. i really appreiciate alot.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.