Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - S10 to '49 Olds?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 04:31 PM

Last wiki edit: Swapping to rack and pinion steering
Last journal entry: 53 coupe
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 88

re: S10 to '49 Olds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftain
69-70 Pontiac only , the Chevy 69-70 brakes are differant. But getting a good set of rotors may be difficult to find. At least with the Scarebird stuff your using more common brake parts. Thats his whole idea behind his kits.

You are 100% right. 69-70 rotors are not available anywhere I checked.
Better to go with the scarebird recommendations.

I'll have to double check the measurement between both my 55's on the offset. My parts car still has the kingpin setup. Without having a 69-70 setup to meausure ? I would think it would be the same since it was an option, why would gm have a differant front track width for disc brake cars?
I wouldn't expect a difference between drum and discs. I was thinking the later cars may have had a different frame width or A arm length, so the spindle might not have the same offset. Because the rotors are impossible to replace, Ive abandoned that idea. Would still like to know the difference in the original kingpin hub width compared to the new setup. See if it will be a problem.
Right now, I'm back to square one. The salvage yard that had the 58 front end, sold the whole car last weekend. So, I'm looking for a set of 58 A frames. Everything else looks pretty easy to find.