Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - s10 v8 idle overheating problem
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 08:47 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I did some research and according to what I found there is a standard duty then heavy duty and then super duty clutches for a clutch fans. Now checking out summitracing they only have standard duty clutch fans and the best you can get is either a heavy duty or super duty clutch setup but since they don't have any heavy duty style clutch fans I don' know what to do about that. But I did find that summit also has aluminum shrouds that you can customize from a 15 inch to 19 inch fan and I might go that route first before changing out the fan at this point but I am going to make some big changed to what I got first and maybe cut some of it back and get a factory shroud set up to maybe fix it to clamp on my existing one and close up the bottom. I am getting ready to do a paint job next week so all that will be addressed. But thanks to you guys I do have some ideas. If I have to go to a clutch fan the thermo style is the way to go but they all have different temp ratings and I don't know what to get on that as I would like it to be fully engaged at idle if around 190 to 200. Like I said I never had one on truck before. I also would like it to be either a 5 or 6 blade heavy duty steel fan not a cheapo plastic one.