Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - saginaw 4 spd embarrassement
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 02:17 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

saginaw 4 spd embarrassement

Well,it happened to me.Our fully restored '74 Camaro is being test driven to debug the usual stuff.This saturday I was going up a narrow street on the out skirts of Rio de Janeiro when I decided to turn around and return.Back and forth a few times and suddenly when I began to let go the clutch pedal the car did not move but the RPM went down! Guess what? Tranny engaged in 2 gears at once! Unreal! The worse,we were fully blocking the street on a steep hill,output shaft stuck!Car would not move even when clutched...
Ran 2 miles to the shop,grabbed small floor jack and tools,ran back to the scene,raise,struggle,curse and with the help of all mighty God,I got it unstuck.
Upon inspection of the inner side cover shifter mechanism,I realized that it can actually be engaged into first before reverse is fully desengaged!
The stock shifter had been adjusted with the centering pin and care.You guys know of any remedy?