Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sandblast warping heat MYTH.
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 07:21 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

when i started a new job in a panel shop they were doing a 65 mustang, the owner had told me it was in perfect condition no rust no bog(bondo) no dents it was perfect

when i looked at it i could`nt beleive it it was f*'d buckled to the s***house even the frame under the boot warped and started protruding through the skin making high spots in the shape of the frame in the outer skin

i get people telling me all the time there going to get there car blasted and i always tell them not to do it some listen some dont the ones that dont always regret it

they always tell me the blaster said he wont buckel it and he`s going to do it slow and garentee`s he wont buckel it and when they do buckel it they say it had bog(bondo) in it or it was like that before i started

in 14 years of doing this job i have never seen a panel not damaged from blasting unless of course it was an engine bay or something

all i say to the people who want to blast, good luck and dont bring it to me when it`s *******'d

Last edited by Jon; 12-30-2005 at 06:44 PM. Reason: profanity