Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - sandblasting
Thread: sandblasting
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:49 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sandblasters are fairly simple devices with the only moving parts being a couple of manually operated valves so there is not much to go wrong. I don't have a HF blaster but I know one guy that does and he has no problems with it except for high nozzle wear. You might want to check with Northern Tool for deadman valves and nozzles or even the whole outfit because they have a really good selection of blasters and parts like valves and nozzles at good prices.(comparable to HF but a better selection) Now about that compressor, I think that it is way too small even for the 3/32" nozzle but you might be able to get by for small jobs if you are willing to wait a lot as GC already pointed out but a big problem is that the overworked compressor will quickly heat up and then you will be trying to dry hot air. Moisture saturated air is a real problem for sandblasters and separators do not work very well when the air is heated so if you do use that small compressor you might want to rig up a cooler of some sort before your water separator. It also is a good idea to have a separator at the regulator and another one on the blaster itself since water is about the no. one operating problem blasters have.

www.northerntool.com