Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - sandpaper...
Thread: sandpaper...
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

sandpaper...

Hi guys, normally I'd post this in the lounge but I guess it really should go into the body and exterior forum. I started sanding on the old 38 DeSoto awhile back (after primering) I applied some tiger hair type stuff to fill in the smaller dents etc. After wet sanding the filler it seemed to take forever and the paper would tear after a short while. I should have used more aggressive paper but was using what I had availible. Anyways sanding is a total bore to me so I have put off this part of the build as much as possible. One day I was looking through the auto section while waiting for my wife at Wally World and found this sanpaper that claims to last three times as long and dosen't hardly clog. I thought what the heck the price is reasonable so I bought it. I finally forced myself to go out and bore myself with some more sanding and to my surprise I've sanded with this paper for an hour and it still seemed in relatively good usable shape and I used no water. After boring myself with this sanding job I was relatively impressed with the product so I thought why not speed this up and use my palm sander. WOW! It sanded the area in just a few miuntes. I like this stuff. If it warms up outside again I might get enough (I have lots of sanding to do) ambition to get it all sanded and ready for paint by this winter. Here's a pic. The left side is after sanding with the course grit. I haven't got to the finer grits yet and the right side is what it looked like before I started sanding. Maybe a lot of you guys already use this stuff but it's my tip of the day if you haven't tried it yet. Sure seems to make a boring job go much better and faster. (faster that's the thing for me ) It's 3M sandblaster sand paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sand.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	7277