satajet 2000 & satajet rp - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2013, 04:16 AM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

satajet 2000 & satajet rp

So I've been using two flg4s for awhile I like em if you read my other post they were stolen.I found a fella with the above mentioned satajets I have to get more info but there used & digital have to see what tips he has.Only wants around 300 for them will these be better than 2 new flg4s for clear?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

When you go look at them, bring some material with you so you can try them. They are only worth it if the work properly and work for the way you paint. Check for balance in your hand, if they don't feel like they are balanced you are going to regret getting them after your first complete. Everybody paints differently and every gun works differently, check the needles, role them on a flat surface, look for a warble or a bend in the needle. Check the air cap, make sure that the previous owner hasn't dropped then and distorted the air cap. Check both the inside and outside of the gun for being clean, that will tell you if the guy looked after them.

If all checks out and you feel comfortable painting with them, make him an offer.

Ray
Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 AM

Last photo:

The first version of the sata rp is a great gun,I have been using one for 13 years .Ray is bang on,make sure that the fluid tip is round also,if any of the parts are damaged you have to buy a nozzle set(air cap,fluid needle,fluid tip) as sata sells them in a matched set.The nozzle set alone is $250 for that gun so keep that in mind as it might not be worth the asking price.The rp's are for the guys who like to spray fast so be prepared to change your style.IMO the first gen rp sprays nicer than the 3000 but similar to the 4000.You can also check out the devilbiss tekna or tekna prolite,these guns come with 3 tip sizes and a digital gauge for a great price.I have used both of these guns everyday for the last couple of years and they perform great.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:17 PM

can't help ya on the 2000 other than to say that all i have heard about them is good. I do have the rp digital and it is an awesome gun, though i don't know how it compares to your previous gun. The price seems great as long as they are in good shape...i would agree with the previous posts..be sure you try them out! Otherwise, i say buy them and don't look back...be careful with the rp's if you've never sprayed one...they are about the fastest guns around and will hose on the material compared to most! I will say this...if all i did was spray base with my satas, they would be worth every penny. I used to have alot of trouble with metallics with the cheaper guns (almost inevitable streaks and mottling). With the sata's...metallics, pearls and candies are a walk in the park...atleast for me. And hey, if ya get'm and hate'm...put them one ebay and make a few bucks or sell'm to a member here for the price plus shipping...i'd go $300 on those two guns if there in good shape! Let us know how it works out...
Old 08-25-2013, 09:26 PM
two cups of tea

Thanks fellas...it sounds like the rp might be what I need the problem I had with the devilbiss was that I could get the clear on nice but I had to move slow & I mean super slow & it would cause runs.Thanks fellas I didn't get any replys hey ray is the email working?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:23 AM

no problems with "slow" on the sata rp's...lol! If you get a chance, do a youtube search and check out the videos...rp's paint high solids clear the way people used to paint lacquer with a binks number 7..lol.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroatkid View Post
Thanks fellas...it sounds like the rp might be what I need the problem I had with the devilbiss was that I could get the clear on nice but I had to move slow & I mean super slow & it would cause runs.Thanks fellas I didn't get any replys hey ray is the email working?
I thought it was, I sent you an Email and asked you to reply...maybe it's not....LOL, try again...I would put money on it that if someone broke into my house, they'd look at the computer problems I was having and leave them there..LOL.

Ray
Old 08-26-2013, 01:16 PM
two cups of tea

@ray I've sent from 3 diffent accounts Ill try again.I get yours
Old 08-27-2013, 02:42 AM
two cups of tea

Ok so here where I'm @ the sata 2000 digital thr sata 3000 digital the sata rp digital or the anest iwata lph 400 hvlp it's only $250! anyways I had got use to the flg4 a few complaints the seals dont last long I had just did a sweet job & all of a sudden while I was spraying it started dripping.And as I said with clears I have to go slow but the I get runs.Well Id like as I stated the best clear gun.Ill buy whatever tips I need.But since a couple of extra guns have been added to the equation please give me some advice as I hope to purchase today
Old 08-27-2013, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroatkid View Post
Ok so here where I'm @ the sata 2000 digital thr sata 3000 digital the sata rp digital or the anest iwata lph 400 hvlp it's only $250! anyways I had got use to the flg4 a few complaints the seals dont last long I had just did a sweet job & all of a sudden while I was spraying it started dripping.And as I said with clears I have to go slow but the I get runs.Well Id like as I stated the best clear gun.Ill buy whatever tips I need.But since a couple of extra guns have been added to the equation please give me some advice as I hope to purchase today
That question will vary from person to person...each painter will point you to the gun he chooses. I can assure you of this...any sata rp or iwata thats factory set-up for clear will give you a top notch finish with the correct technique. The difference between sata and iwata is application speed. All iwatas that i have been around (with the exception of the ne ws400 super nova) are faily slow sprayers. If you prefer slow then go iwata. I personally like to roll with it so i went sata rp. Also, most will agree that the sata rp in any model (rp, 2000rp,3000rp or 4000rp) is the better sata for clear. Sata hvlp guns usually are better base guns although either gun will work fine for base or clear. Then theres the mighty Satajet 90...with the recommended 60 psi input pressure you can lay clear like GLASS... One thing you could do is search youtube for the gun your interested in and watch several videos to get an idea how each gun sprays...thats what i did.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:39 AM

another thing to keep in mind is that several of these guns are only available used so depending on your buying preferences...you maybe able to eliminate all but 2 or 3 right off the bat. Nothing wrong with buying used either, just keep in mind that the sata guns have expensive rebuild/nozzel, needle kits...most are in the 175 to 200 range.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:57 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Cut, "preacherman" is dead on the money here, as I've mentioned many times, everybody paints differently and it's the person using the gun that needs to decide what's best for them. The guns that we are talking about are much like paint, they all work, but they all work a little differently and choosing what works best for you ultimately is your choice.

You and I have been talking for quite a while and I feel I've gotten to know you fairly well and how you paint. So, what I can tell you is that I'm confident that the Sata's that you are looking at will be a step up from the FLG's that you had been using...if at all possible, try them, I'm sure you will see a better finish than the FLG's.

Ray

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.