Satajet 3000 RP or 4000 RP - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 02:14 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Satajet 3000 RP or 4000 RP

Hey guys, new to the site and perhaps this has already been up for discussion. I couldn't find anything that really helped answer my question, so here I go. Im ready to buy another gun. I already have an LPH400 and would like a Sata to complete my inventory......BUT, is it worth buying a new 4000 RP or is it just as good to have a 3000 RP. Money isn't a factor and I would like the digital version. Has anybody used both of these guns? Also, what tip size between a 1.3 and 1.4? I know these guns are cannons anyway. I am also an experienced painter, but have yet to use a full size Sata RP. Thanks for the help guys!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 10:18 AM

Last photo:

Sata 3000 or 4000

Hey, Just wanted to comment on your question. I also have the LPH400 and I have to say it sprays great! Far as the Sata 3000 RP or the 4000 RP I think the only difference is some new tuning features. Don't hold me to that tho I've just read it in a few articles somewhere. I can tell you that the Sata 3000 RP digital is a great spraying gun because a friend of mine has one and we've done several paint jobs with it and it will lay some clear down like glass if it's set up right. His is a 1.4 by the way. I know this didn't answer your question but I don't think you could go wrong with buying either one you will just have the latest and greatest with the 4000.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkstang
Hey, Just wanted to comment on your question. I also have the LPH400 and I have to say it sprays great! Far as the Sata 3000 RP or the 4000 RP I think the only difference is some new tuning features. Don't hold me to that tho I've just read it in a few articles somewhere. I can tell you that the Sata 3000 RP digital is a great spraying gun because a friend of mine has one and we've done several paint jobs with it and it will lay some clear down like glass if it's set up right. His is a 1.4 by the way. I know this didn't answer your question but I don't think you could go wrong with buying either one you will just have the latest and greatest with the 4000.
Hey thanks for your opinion, it really does help. First off, what size tip are you using on your LPH400. I just bought a 1.4 and have yet to try that one. I purchased the gun with what i thought was a 1.2, but when I replaced the nozzle, it said 13 on it.......Oh well, it now has a 14 in it. Do you thin your clear with the LPH400. It seems to be quite a slow gun with the 1.3 anyway. Does your friend thin his clear through the RP? I am fighting with the fact that I can buy the NEW 4000, but can save money with the 3000. My "Keeping up with the Jones's" seems to get the better of me sometimes. After all, like you said, the 3000 RP is quite capable of laying out some glass!! Thanks for your opinion!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Last photo:

The LPH400 has a 1.4 tip in it and far as thinning the clear I usually mix it to the manufacturer's specs but I have been known to thin it sometimes. The LPH400 to me seems a little slow too but that's fine for small jobs. My friend will thin his clear also with the RP and it want let grass grow under your feet when you spray with it. You have to keep moving I'm sure you'll make a good choice with either one. Good Luck
Old 07-02-2013, 02:18 AM

sata jet 3000 or 4000

Hello, i have been a spray painter of cars for about 30 years, i have used sata guns for most of that time. i have had 3000 and 4000 and the 4000 is a far better gun than the 3000 and makes painting effortless

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.