Hot Rod Forum banner

Satajet NR2000 vs 3000 b / 3000 hvlp / 3000 rp

14K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cyclopsblown34 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a SataJet NR2000 1.3 that I have been using for about 6 months. Love it for base and clear. I want to use it strictly for base and get another Sata gun for Clear only.
Typically I use Nason products, and Xtreme Clear for profitability reasons. I want to know should I just keep on using the same gun for both base and clear as I have been or will I be knocked off my feet by upgrading to a 3000 b , 3000 hvlp, or 3000 RP. I would like to keep the same speed as the NR2000 but If I drop $400 on another gun i want noticeable results. Is it worth the extra cost to spring for another gun or should i just be happy with the 2000? I want a gun with as little Peel as possible. Since using the nr2000 i don't kno anything different. Usually i may have to Cut and rub 3 out of 10 paint jobs. I want to cut it down to "0" or as few as possible. Just started back to painting 6 mths ago after taking a few years (18) years and no time for projects raising twin boys now about to ship off to college... Now daddy has some play time. This is what I was doing back in 86-87
This Luv truck was done with Good ol Lacquer!!!! Talk about major sanding and buffing! Painted with an old Devilbiss JGV Siphon feed!

2 years ago

Thanks
TS

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.