Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Save it or scrap it?whatdyyathink?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Save it or scrap it?whatdyyathink?

I have an issue I have been struggling with.
I bought a 73 Jeep CJ 5 rusted so bad I needed a tetenaus shot to work on it. trouble is it runs good, has a 232 engine that is from advanced autoparts, probably has less than 500 hours of run time.drivetrain is solid.
Body is literally falling off of it.
Case in point...I was going to sell it for a plow jeep as it has a good plow, but it may not sell.I dont have a lot tied up in it cash wise.
I hate to see it go to the scrap yard but I dont have time for it now. My thought was that I could find an S 10 with a decent cab and frame and hang the jeep drivetrain under it for a real solid front axle 4 wheel drive.
Anyone done this swap? the frame width on the jeep and the early boxy S10 is around 44 inches IIRC , (as I was going to do the same swap years ago but never did) , which would make it fairly easy to hang the suspension shackles and all. so ......would you...

1 sell the rusty turd for scrap

or

2 park it in the yard for someday later to maybe work on.( and let the wife complain about the Eyesore in the backyard.

Dont forget I have a house to finish and a pontiac that needs finished.