Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - say you have a THOUSAND horsepower engine..... (technical engine question inside)
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 01:01 PM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

fine, let me narrow this down some

lets replace "stock" in some of those spots with "as commonly available from their aftermarket mfg's"

a "stock paxton supercharger" would threfore become "the paxton supercharger that you can buy from paxton, without any mods done to the kit"

Poncho, the extra 100hp is compared to similar builds, a viper that someone threw aftermarket pistons and rods in ... basicly situations where people ordered the "commonly available" upgrade parts, w/o realy looking into if they were "perfect" for the application.

mosstrooper- i doubt i have to explain how 1000hp out of a v10 viper and 1000hp out of an engine thats less then 1/2 the size are 2 VERY different things

and i decided to call Jim Oddy performace (yes that jim oddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosspost from NYSpeed
THE MAGIC PHONE NUMBER KNOWS ALL !!!!

(716) 674 2500

the magic phone number says you can EASILY pick up 50-60hp by changing this and that around (bore, stroke, rod ratio, wrist pin height, ring pack height, compression ratio)

magic phone number ALSO says "but obviously if you make the engine MORE SUPERCHARGER FRIENDLY...."

he then summed up the conversation by saying "yea its possible" to the "extra 100hp" question

Im thinking that maybe, JUST maybe, Jim Oddy's crew is a reputable source of automotive knowledge ....[compared to the nyspeed "experts", not HR.com, so dont get offended guys, theres a reason i come hre w/ my questions ]

Last edited by lowROLLERchevy; 02-23-2007 at 01:10 PM.