Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodding Basics (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodding-basics/)
-   -   Sb Chevy Summit/Crane cam number? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/sb-chevy-summit-crane-cam-number-221798.html)

TimoFinn 07-17-2012 12:18 AM

Sb Chevy Summit/Crane cam number?

I have an old Summit Racing cam for SB Chevy and i can`t find any info of this cam and i have no cam card for it, so if anybody have an old summit catalog or old crane catalog that identifies this cam, it would be great.

My Crane master catalog (phone book thick) does not have this cam:

11=sb chevy and 94 year of manufacture if i read correctly but what is 2434? grind or part number?

11-51-94

This is all there is stamped to it, so any info would be appreciated. I tried googling but did not come up much, just some Pontiac cam with same number and no chevy cams with this number.

AutoGear 07-17-2012 08:52 AM

You can measure the lobes with calipers to figure out what the specs are.
Its been awhile so Im a bit rusty on the details however Im sure someone here can fill you in

1971BB427 07-17-2012 10:50 AM

Doesn't look like any Summit/Crane number I've seen in a long time. Might call either Crane or Summit and talk to a tech to see i they can shed some light on it.

TimoFinn 07-18-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoGear (Post 1574545)
You can measure the lobes with calipers to figure out what the specs are.
Its been awhile so Im a bit rusty on the details however Im sure someone here can fill you in

Yes i remember we measured it 10 or 12 years ago, but i forgot what the measurements were and have lost notes:pain:
It was in a 383 engine that a guy a know build, it never ran like it was supposed to, a bunch of mismatched parts 350 4 bolt block bored .020, Manley forged high dome pistons on 400 rods, 400 crank, 461 double humps and this cam:spank:
It was in the mid 90`s, that guy never could build an engine that were drivable and he still can`t:) It was so high compression engine that it would not run properly with leaded 99 octane gas that were in pumps those days.
I still have that block, crank and heads, pistons and rods have gone.

TimoFinn 07-18-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1971BB427 (Post 1574571)
Doesn't look like any Summit/Crane number I've seen in a long time. Might call either Crane or Summit and talk to a tech to see i they can shed some light on it.

I remember that my friend looked the number of this cam from the internet many years ago and the guy who build the engine (mid 90`s) said that it was a Summit cam but he trashed the cam card because he could not understand what to do with it:(

TimoFinn 08-07-2012 10:40 AM

Anyone found an old catalogs where to find what i got?