Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SB Chevy that will only turn 1 revolution...
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:27 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

sbc only one rev

Is this engine on the stand upside down? there are soo many things that could do this and not all are bad, ive had a stand that would lightly catch one of the bellhouse mounted bolts that hold it up hit an arm on the stand, Is the fuel pump still bolted to the engine(if mech pump)ive had a pump rod jam me up before also,will it turn around more than once with engine upright? did the engine run good(no knocks) before it was pulled to eliminate rod to crank bind? give me an idea if you can see what parts bind when the engine is turned over(like when it dead ends does one of the rods stop before top dead center,usually you can see inside the spark plug hole in each cylinder when it is TDC and should be able to see if a valve cover or intake bolt dropped in when it was being dissassembled ,these are some things ive run into in the past but like i said there are soo many possibilities check these out and you can go from there