Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SB Chevy that will only turn 1 revolution...
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrise7 View Post
Thanks guys. Lots of things to check, but not much time this week. I do know for sure that its not a bolt in the crank flange or any interference with the engine stand. The engine has been sitting for a couple of years,, so maybe some rust up high in one of the bores where the piston is near tdc when it stops turning.... Guess I will have to pull the heads to find out for sure.... I highly doubt its interference with the cam since this motor ran before we pulled it out of the car.....
Yep its rust. You can try some marvel mystery oil in the. Plug holes and let it set over night then try to turn over with the plugs out. Mine stopped dead and would not move past some rust. But i was able to pull the heads and clean it out. Replaced the rings and hit it with a ball hone to make sure it was cleaned up and would let the new file to fit cast rings seat up. Not perfect but its not blowing smoke either im sure it will be smoking before it hits 100k miles but for now its fine.

Rust is very common there is always one valve open and leaves the cylinders exposed. To out side air and moisture.

Hope this helps.