Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SB Chevy woes
Thread: SB Chevy woes
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizin uncle bob View Post
Thought maybe someone out there would have idea about a problem a friend of mine is having with his 41 Chevy. We built this car about 2 years ago, it had 350/350 eng/trans, he burned the engine up then changed it out with a 283. It was running a HEI distributor which went bad and we installed old OEM points distributor with Pertronix upgrade. Are running resistor type coil as suggested. The engine starts great, idles really good, but when you put in gear and try to accelerate it pops and falls on it's face, if you feather the throttle it will go but as soon as you get into it, it pops and goes dead. I suggested to him that vacuum advance could be the problem what do you all think. Plan on checking all the grounds to the chassis and engine. Engine timing has been checked and re-checked. Carb is new and I don't really think it is a fuel problem. Any suggestion is appreciated.
I'm a little lost who suggested a resistor coil and how did you wire it?

The Pertronix unit should see a full 12 volts. If you wire in a resistor it should be between the 12 volt source and the coil, the 12 volt source should contine on to the Pertronix module inside the distributor.

I've included a SnapShot of the Pertronix wiring link for space to add some comments. Check out your wiring compared to my comments and their instructions.

See this Pertronix wiring http://www.pertronix.com/support/man...itor12vneg.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: doc Pertronix wiring.doc (143.0 KB, 25 views)