Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - sb350 Problems,-Help!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 05:32 AM
Toy builder

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I think at 16 volts it will last but NO more(we raced those at 16 volts and they would stay together,2- 8 volt batterys) But anymore as paul says it might blow the batt apart.I would pull the dist cap and rotor and see if the shaft has not siezed up in the mechanical advance(something that happens all the time)Get a timing light and see what you have for total adavnce at @2500-2800(becareful of the fan and stuff) if it ran good before and you have a rock steady vaccum gauge thats were i would look first. Also not to hurt your felling but split fire plugs just dont cut it in the real world.Have seen the things loose hp onn the dyno.they gave them to us free one nite at the race track,i gave then back as did most other guys .The things missfired and just plain did not work.This was in a flat top 355 with 104 oct at about 4500-6800 rpms all nite. One other thing(and i know you will roll your eyes)check the grounds to the motor.You dont know how many problerms i have fixed by just fixin grounds(incl the voltage problem your having) Good luck