Hot Rod Forum banner

sbc 18 degree recomendations

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  vinniekq2 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, new to this site and looking to step up to 18 degree stuff. My current combo is a dart shp block 4.125 bore 4.00 stroke, Eagle forged crank eagle h beams, L19 rod bolts, mahle forged pistons, King allec bearings, hellfire rings, Afr 210 heads, comp cams xr286 R-10 small base circle solid roller, lunatti lifters, comp cams 1.6 rockers, world products single plane, mighty demon 850, running in a 1970 nova turbo 350, moser M9 3.70 gear 28 inch tire. Im making decent power but would definatly like more. I know 18 degree stuff gets costly but would like to start piecing it together any info on good products or your experience on switching from 23 degree to 18 is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
make sure you want to spend the money. you can buy 245 cc AFRs, 340 CFM can put you over 700 horses N.A. Which 18 degree heads were you considering?
My 227 heads after cleaning up flow 327 CFM.
what is a little more power?
what size headers are you using now?
you can use a bigger carb
you should step up that cam,,,a lot

#3 ·
18 degree

Thank you for the reply, my goal is 750 to 800 hp n/a, i already have an 1150 dominator and was going to match the cam to heads and intake i've already considered the AFR 245 but would have to get the manifold ported to the heads and on afr's that really dont come close to any maniflod that i know of i would rather just go through the extra expense of 18 degree heads that i can expand on. I was considering the BMF 268 or the brodix 18 std cnc top end kit. I know about the expence of the 18 degree pistons, offset shaft rockers, offset lifters, i can make the headers myself unless theirs a company that makes them for my application just looking to see if anyone on here has done something close to this and looking to make some powerany info really appreciated and thanks for your time.

#5 ·
motown

I have the motown dominator manifold and have put it up to my buddies brand new Afr 245's and it does not line up without alot of epoxy work. so im not interested in the 245's. i already have afr 210's i like them, but as i said looking for 18 degree infothank you for your time and advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.