Hot Rod Forum banner

sbc 307 backfire on hard acceleration HELP!!!!

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  454C10 
#1 ·
Ok guys this is my first post!!!! Glad to join the forum.
I have a sbc 307 w/ edelbrock performer intake topped off with a holley 670 street avenger carb. I recently installed a summit k1101 cam with 194/204 degrees at 50 thousand. Has 187 58cc heads from a camaro with 1.84/1.50 int. Exh.. I put it together and everything worked and runs smooth my problem. Is that on hard acceleration it will back fire and then go. When in park or nuetral this isn't existent. Only when driving and as soon as I wanna punch it a lot it back fires. Just today I reset my idle screw and advanced the timing a little bit and it seemed to.get better ill have to advance it some more later today. I am using ac delco #2 with a .035 gap with super stock wires and mallory proform coil... It's backed by a tci th350 with 373 rear end along with headers in my s10 blazer... Any help is appreciated it ran fine before but.it had 72cc could I.be getting to much fuel:'(

#2 ·
godfatheritalio said:
Ok guys this is my first post!!!! Glad to join the forum.
I have a sbc 307 w/ edelbrock performer intake topped off with a holley 670 street avenger carb. I recently installed a summit k1101 cam with 194/204 degrees at 50 thousand. Has 187 58cc heads from a camaro with 1.84/1.50 int. Exh.. I put it together and everything worked and runs smooth my problem. Is that on hard acceleration it will back fire and then go. When in park or nuetral this isn't existent. Only when driving and as soon as I wanna punch it a lot it back fires. Just today I reset my idle screw and advanced the timing a little bit and it seemed to.get better ill have to advance it some more later today. I am using ac delco #2 with a .035 gap with super stock wires and mallory proform coil... It's backed by a tci th350 with 373 rear end along with headers in my s10 blazer... Any help is appreciated it ran fine before but.it had 72cc could I.be getting to much fuel:'(
Most likely you have an adjustment issue with the carburetor accelerator pump. Whn you stab it hard the pump shot needs to start right away and be sufficient to satisfy the fuel need. You are most likely experiencing lean backfire due to a lack of fuel. It wont happen in park as there is not enough load on the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.