Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - sbc 327 wont crank after new distributor install
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 06:57 PM
pacman350

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

sbc 327 wont crank after new distributor install

I have a 64 sj sbc 327 and about 2 months ago i replaced the original 6 inch balancer with a 8 inch balancer that had the timing mark 10 degrees before the keyway and the original was 2 degrees before the keyway. i bought a chrome bolt on timing pointer for it. I replaced the the distributor because it was the computer controlled one that i replaced with a new vacuum advance one. So brought the timing mark on the balancer up to zero and it was on the compression stroke because i had the driver side valve cover off and both #1 valves was closed and i heard the air go past my finger. The problem is now it wont fire up at all but it will turn over i even swap the new coil for one of my dads truck and stilll same thing so i put the new coil back in. i checked to see if it had spark and it had a very weak orange spark. what do you think it can be the car is a 84 cutlass could the ignition switch do this. Its a all new distributor and the motor only has about 800 miles on it since a complete rebuild in march of last year.