Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - are sbc 350 gaskets sets the same despite the year and/or if its a vortec???
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 05:35 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

are sbc 350 gaskets sets the same despite the year and/or if its a vortec???

okay i need to buy a new gasket set for my 350 and i know for a fact the ppl say that there are specific applications to vehicles and engines and stuff but it is a load of crap like all parts store sell gmc and chevy engine parts as diff catagories... psshh idiots its a 350 they arnt diff engine parts if there the same year... sorry to say same with shocks there is no such thing as a vehicle specific shock... NO NOT GONNA HAPPEN!! they are specific to the height of the shock and a few other minor things so i have been around this block many times which is why i am so frustrated (you might have guessed) with this situation, i know 350 gaskets are pretty much universal with other 350 up till they went to horrificly heinous fuel injection the bane of my exsistence anywho, my 350 i got is a 95 or 96 one of those and it is throttle body injection so it doesnt have like the injector o ring gaskets or w/e they are and all that special garbage that normal efi or tpi have but the only thing is that the engine is a vortec engine, wanna say its a L31/ 5700 vortec or somthing like that and i know a normal gasket set will fit it but i dont know if it has to be specific for a vortec (like everything else on a vortec does) what i mean is like if the ports are just a tiny bit diff size or if they are spaced just a lil diff. but i really need to know before i go blow the little money i have on the wrong gasket set, so any help at all would be very much appreciated