Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sbc 355 Build-head Choice.
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 07:05 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VARS_85MONTE
Im finishing up a 357 build. This is every other daily driver. I want good torque and HP. I have a set of World Product Sportsman II heads(200cccc) or a set of Patriot Vortec heads(185cc). Here is the rest of the combo. I know you guys will lead me in the best direction as you did with previous builds.

010 block 4 bolt main .40 bore
Balanced rotating assembly
Forged flat tops (9.72 compression)
LUNATI voodoo 268 227/233@50
Air Gap Intake
Holley 650 double Pumper
1.6 Comp roller rockers
MALLORY ignition
Hooker Comp Shorty headers 1 5/8
Turbo 350 2200 stall
10 bolt 3.73

Like I said before, this is a car I will drive pretty often. I have my "hot rods", I just want a strong toy to drive around. Any help suggestions and advice is accepted. Thanks in advance guys.
Go with the Patriots, the bigger port isn't enough bigger to make that much torque difference in the low to mid RPMs while the chamber is much better. Besides you're running some pretty stiff gears by street standards so the revs are going to be up where the heads will work well.

The Sportsmans are designed to hit certain track rules requiring the use of older GM style heads, as a result they haven't had the chamber improved since that of the old angle plug 292 head. They're fine for what they are intended for, but there's much better stuff out there for everyday use. SR Torquers are in the same boat, just in case you've got a pair of them laying about.

Bogie