Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC 355 Cam selection
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 01:18 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1 View Post
My carb is a 4778-4. I just rebuild it and would really like to use it. Is the difference between my carb and the 4779 enough to warrant a new carb?

I did a lot of research and everyone said that for a street car and duel plenum air gap is the best intake.

Iím not oppose to changing over to a solid flat tappet cam. Just want to be sure that itís worth the extra money to change the lifters out as well. Since my current lifters and basically band new.

To be honest I have 3 different diff's for my car. I have a 3.36, 3.54 and a 4.11. It only takes about 2 hours from start to finish to replace the diff in these car and i can swap it out at any time.

My current cam and lifters have less than 2 hours of run time on them and so i was hoping to reuse the lifters without having them reground.
You can't reuse lifters without having them reground. The rpm air gap is perfect for your application, and efi will have many many benefits on your car but its not free, it can be cheap but not free. As for the cam get a small tight lash cam.

Pn 30121101 from lunati with face oiling lifters or grooved lifter bores.