Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC 355 Cam selection
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
Get a Crane F278-2 cam with 1.6 rockers
How much gain will i see using the 1.6 rockers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Gary View Post
Logan,
Are you in Ohio??. There is a user name of Logan on one of the Astro forums. He owns Mr Bee appliance service.
Too bad you couldn't swing a full solid roller and kit from Howards.I've bought a number of cams from them and they certainly build nice stuff.Never had a problem with them.
I can I.D. with your project.Yrs ago we built a 1952 MG TD with a SBC,IRS,rocker crusher close ratio 4 speed,it was a 327 with Man-A-Fre induction,Isky solid lifter cam,12.5 SCR,Mondello heads.A riot to drive.Would go around corners like it was on rails.Yep-your project brought back some memories,

[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/garysgifts/other/1951_MG-TD269104219_std.jpg
No i am not from Ohio. At some point down the road ill probably build a roller motor for this car but right now money is tight but i really want to finish my project. Dont what it to become another unfinished project like the millions on craigslist.

I've always been a big MG fan but being that in 6'5" tall MG's are not cars i fit into. The reason i bought the datsun us because it was the only affordable 2 door sports car that i could fit into. I bet that MG was a blast to drive hopefully mine will be fun once its done.