Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC 377 Build ?
Thread: SBC 377 Build ?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 03:39 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I was gonna go to town to buy one but after talking with my father he told me "theres one in the sheld" so after 2 hours of digging I found it. The engine has been bored .040 over and after eye balling the crank for 5 minutes I figured out the real #-393-2442 and its everyday 350 crank. Soooo after some math work I came up with a engine with 357 cubes rounded up from I forgot now....356.675 something like that. Not the 377 I thought but hey its something lol.
And yet again with some math, if I went and got the 3.75 stroke crank that would make 384.56 cubes...or a 385

But remembering someone saying the pistons has just plain 350 and not an over sized one, I put one on the crank(after getting the crank back into the block...sorry this is like 4am here so I may of just been seeing things, but with the piston in place and under rotation just a hint of light passes through on one side of the pistons. Now on the note of me thinking Im just seeing stuff/not knowing this is normal I found a 4 inch wide plastic top and put it up to the bore, didnt touch the sides. Going back to the piston I a screw driver and poked at the piston and could get it to shift, just a little side to side. Now like I said this is my first engine that Iv taken apart fully, I dont think it should do that? Its not banging off the cly walls but if light can get passed the piston and I can wiggle it around isnt something wrong? Again note even with the piston rings ON light is still showing through and it can still be moved side to side.

Last edited by Charliedclayton; 08-24-2010 at 04:08 AM.