Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC 377 Build ?
Thread: SBC 377 Build ?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame

Wiki Edits: 0

He's gonna build it cause it's fun//

Wow, everyone's going practical on us today huh? Don't forget guys we're mostly all here cause we like to "play motor". That's what my Mom called back in the day.
He's gonna build it cause it's fun////// plus he has to before he can move on the the next level of this game..

Know what occurred to me because of this thread? I've always hated the 345np but it came to me that I could stroke up .080" using 'um, and still be maybe .002" in the hole after decking only for squareness rather than quench..

Another thing Clatonius Hotrodicus; If one is forced to bore a 350 to 4.080" the 345np is about the only piston I can think of that comes in an .080". What would that be? 373ish? and cheap. Should make 400fps easily and 375 horse without turning it up at all.
Small journal rods .040" added reach makes a stroke of just .0025" short of a 3 9/16 crank without buying one. Spend a few bucks on balance, pistons are cheap and make most of the power without getting into the unsafe rpm range for cast.
I have a 0010 4bolt in the shop, in the way, that didn't clean up at .060".
Just thinking out loud.. That would save that motor and if .080 is too much then no big loss.. cheap to build. I wouldn't recommend 080" to anyone else but 060", doesn't bother me.

Got a 19x31 NASCAR radiator in the shop that needs to go too.
I'm going to do that just to see how it compares to it's cost, I bet it'll have the bang for the buck, but I'll have to keep it for myself because just in case the bore is too much.

Never did a 9/16s motor in my life.. I guess that's how they did it? I'm going to do that... thanks Charles..... Duntov