Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC 383 stroker opinions & cam Questions???
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM
College kid into Muscle cars

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
split duration camshafts "usually" have more duration on the exhaust side.afr have a very good exhaust side for breathing sometimes as high as 80% of the intake side.Cam grinders quite often include 6 or more degrees duration on the exhaust side to make up for standard OEM heads and other heads that have less flow on the exhaust than what is desired.
Instead of looking to squeeze more power out of a 383 why not squeeze more cubic inches into your caR

I appreciate the info, but I already paid for everything to be done to my 383 stroker so I can't turn back now and go with a bigger cubic inch engine, And yes AFR are really good heads and your saying a durtaion of 244/252 is to much of a split, now correct me if i'm wrong but I thought more duration is better especially for some good heads like AFR to get more HP & TQ.

That's what some big performance guys that I talked to told me. They say its not always about the lift its more about the duration that get the HP & TQ.... (In Joe Sherman words)