Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sbc 400. stick with powerglide or go T-350.
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:04 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage9scorpio View Post
I think I have found he powerglide converter I've been looking for. the man said he had used it on his chevette a few times @ the track and he believes the stall is 2500 - 2800. he said he will sell it 2 me for $75. so I think ima shoot tht route 4 now and save a few checks over the winter to come out in the spring with a 3spd maybe.

I like the powerglide for competitive purposes @ the track for gamblers races n stuff. tht 1 shift has had the car pretty consistent with the 307 and won me a few rnds. but its mostly just a street/highway cruiser 2 work daily.

one more? ?? tho. is 2500 stall enough for a 400? would it b more stall if in a heavier car? chevette<nova?
Sorry didn't read it right, you have a powerglide, Ok ya I only can find one Holeshot 2,400 stall for the powerglide fits 62-73, but for what your paying worth a shot used. I can understand the use of 1 shift applications for the powerglide, good for track but mostly for 1/8 or 1/4 mile. I sure don't like them for the street though, lame botom end and 1 shift and your done so lame top end. I usually swich to a 3 or 4sd, the 4sd is my favorite due to the lower 1st gear and the overdrive top gear, way better all around. A 400sb Gm will stall a bit higher just like a big block does due to cubic inchs. So if a converetor is used in a small block and stalls at 2,400 will stall about 2,600 with a big block. Good luck with the used, hope it works out for you.