SBC/BBC in ALL(?) streetrods - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 10:49 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

sbc in allrods

i used a 302 ford in my 32 2dr as it was cheap to build an easy to install i did not have to cut the fire wall and found it easy to shorten the watterpump and wp drive,plus i use the original cross member and rad recored of coarce. c6 trans was cheap and no trouble macking mounts.i do think gm macks some good engines and some not so good ditto for ford, lets all engoy the hobby a few good natured ford is better chev is better is part of it/ cliff

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2005, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Jet
I probably shouldn't have said anything but I noticed you quickly defend this thread if someone says something negative about it or the topic. It's really not necessary though, there is a healthy discussion going on in here already and telling people "if you don't like it don't click on it" somewhat takes away from the thread. Also if it leads into an argument you may kill the thread completely.
I have only defended what I have started. Notice that I am the one who began this very healthy topic.
Stepside454 has told me to mind my own business. If I did that then this would have never started. He has really not said anything bad about the topic, only about me starting this topic and how this has ran it's course. I feel it hasn't therefore my defence.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:52 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
I've been to a number of car shows and read several car magazines. I would like to know a GOOD reason why some rodders decide to put SBC or BBC in cars/truck not Chevy. Some of the dumbest ones I've heard was due to the cost of parts for Ford/Dodge motors. These people have these super nice rides with lots of goodies so (in my opinion) money is the lamest excuse! Next is power. If power is what they want then why not NHRA style(Chrysler/Dodge) hemi's? Can't beat that.

I once told some of these people who "crossbreed" that I wanted to put a Ford in a Camaro, my gosh I'm still getting death threats for that! Come on! Come on!!

For those of you who don't "crossbreed", excellent!!
I think IMAGINATION is one reason why.
Boyd and the other "BoringBuilders" have small block Chevy connections, parts, dummy parts, etc etc etc. They aren't "gearheads" in the truest sense, they really couldn't care what moves the car truth be told, they just need it to move the car. It needs to WORK.

I like those who run Ford motors in Fords, MoPars in MoPars, and Chevs in Chevs.
Picture a 1969 Camaro with a 250hp Toyota V6.
Would YOU get "all excited" Chevy guys?
Or would you pass by thinking "why bother"....?

It takes ingenuity and a different line of thinking to do something "the hard way". Block hugger headers are in half the street rods out there, terrible as they are. Why? Because it's EASY.

I ran a 440 in my Coupe for decades before swapping to a Hemi. A small block Chevy swap never once crossed my mind, why should it have?
Old 04-17-2005, 11:29 PM

Last photo:

This "Crossbreed" or "Darkside" issue has gotten out of hand. I have a Ford F1 pick-up with a 327 SBC. On one website forum I'm ignored, and on another I'm not allowed to post. Both are Ford forums. I'm called a "Darksider". I've even got hate E-mail from several subscribers, telling me I had no right, or was wrong to put a SBC in a Ford. Some of this opposition comes from guys that have Fords with Volarie front ends, Jaguar rear ends, Toyota steering boxes, Chevy Van steering columns, Cordoba seats, and the remainder is aftermarket Billit. Yet they keep screaming "Blue Oval, Blue Oval".
I'm accepted at every other forum, it wouldn't bother them in the least if I dropped a 5HP Briggs & Stratton in a Peterbuilt.

In short.....

MY truck!...MY cash!...MY labor!...MY ideas!
Old 04-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last photo:

Ok... I believe this thread may get hot, and it isn't even close to on topic for the forum you have put it in. I am closing it. If you want to continue this beat-to-death discussion, please do it in the lounge.
Closed Thread

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.