Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC build for light Datsun
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 06:16 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by surpip06
i have already spent the money on suspension wheels tires and have reinforces the unibody with 1'' square tubing i have 13'' cobra R brembo's up front with a R230 out of a 3000 TT set up out back running 305 (just about take up half the car) i guess im not after the HP so much just hearing a SBC rev that high would make me happy haha and the ARAO Heads would give me something truly unique not sure how to post picks oh here but its a fairly decent car just not to entirely shure what i whant to do with the short block set up

the ARAO heads has a TERRIBLE rap for quality. I'd avoid them like the plague- additionally why waste your time with an sbc? There are plenty of other V8's out there, many of them MUCH better than an sbc. 8500 RPM for 12K is not going to happen in an sbc... but it could happen with a few other engines.

I know many people aren't aware of this but the sbc is now the equivalent of what the flat head Ford was in the 70's... Sure you can build one but there's not really a good reason to (other than the extremely low budget cases where they have most of the parts already).