Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC Comp Cams valve spring, pushrod, break-in questions
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 06:10 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlisabeth
The World Products SR torquer heads that I am using have dual springs on them.
No telling what they are, actually- w/o having them checked for pressure. According to SUMMIT, the S/R Torquers come w/single springs, no damper, w/lift good to 0.560".

Quote:
Are the springs that came in the kit intended to replace my current outer springs while reusing the old inner spring.
Just use the Comp Cams kit springs- as supplied- like DV said.

Quote:
Is installing the Comp Cam springs and seals something that I can do at home with a simple valve spring compressor?
Yes, it is easily done by you if you have a spring compressor. Be sure that you check each individual spring installed height before installing the springs, and shim if needed. There should be specs for the installed height w/the springs.

Quote:
Finally, I had my block zero decked to a set of speed pro flat top pistons. I am going to be using a .039 thick head gasket and stock rocker arms, will stock length pushrods work with this setup?
Always check for the correct p-rod length. There are too many variables to say the OEM length will be correct.