Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC Comp Cams valve spring, pushrod, break-in questions
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 06:10 AM
Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Originally Posted by dlisabeth
The World Products SR torquer heads that I am using have dual springs on them.
No telling what they are, actually- w/o having them checked for pressure. According to SUMMIT, the S/R Torquers come w/single springs, no damper, w/lift good to 0.560".

Are the springs that came in the kit intended to replace my current outer springs while reusing the old inner spring.
Just use the Comp Cams kit springs- as supplied- like DV said.

Is installing the Comp Cam springs and seals something that I can do at home with a simple valve spring compressor?
Yes, it is easily done by you if you have a spring compressor. Be sure that you check each individual spring installed height before installing the springs, and shim if needed. There should be specs for the installed height w/the springs.

Finally, I had my block zero decked to a set of speed pro flat top pistons. I am going to be using a .039 thick head gasket and stock rocker arms, will stock length pushrods work with this setup?
Always check for the correct p-rod length. There are too many variables to say the OEM length will be correct.