Hot Rod Forum banner

sbc cylinder head

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  chevystroker 
#1 ·
i have a set of cast iron 76cc heads that i need to identify. it has the the number 51017 and a Y stamped in the end of it. they also have a W and NH in raised letters in the top of it. if you have any knowledge please help.

#4 ·
i looked were you said but there no normal casting number on this. the reason i have to identify them is, because i need to replace the spings for a new cam. the first set i bought were not big enough in diameter. that is what the guy building my heads said. could these heads be nascar or drag parts.

#5 ·
I ran some the numbers and took a look around the only thing I found matching those numbers where cams. I set of lunati cams. All I know is the if you take the valve cover off and look between the #1 and #3 springs it should be right there. Did you check both sides? There has to be something more there even if they where diffrent kind of heads they would have a stamp of the company on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.