Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC Dist. will not line up? will it ever end?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksrt
I have a 96 Chevy express van and I completely built a all new 383 for it. I have had a ton of issues but got it running. I then had a intake leak and pulled it apart tp replace the gaskets and re seal it and not my dist. will not line up? I have the vortec engine and the dist. had to be learned and set to 0deg. It was set with a snap on scantool and the dist was not cocked either way when set. Now I replaced the intake gaskets and now I put the dist. back in and it will not set to 0deg without turning the dist. clockwise as far as it will go (until the cap hits the manifold) I marked the dist prior to removing it and ti went right back in but it is way off. What gives? I had a similar issue when I first assembled the engine because it is a summit dist. (aluminum housing vs the factory plastic one) and the gear was assembled 180deg out and the dist. would not set. I replaced the dist. and it set with no issue but now I am all out of wack? Any thoughts? Thanks Guys!!
I'm not sure what you are saying as far as the gear was assembled 180* out. It just sounds like you need to turn the motor with a socket and the distributor should almost fall in. Your oil pump rod may need turned a little to line up with the distributor.