Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC exterior makeover - Help needed
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

SBC exterior makeover - Help needed

Hey guys I have a older SBC 350, firstly is there an easy way to identify exactly what sbc it is and possibly what year it is etc?
I want Gilmer drive belts, Currently its only got an alternator and water pump spinning off the V-belt but I am also wanting to add power steering and air-con pump. this being my first Chev I don't know where to start at all..
will gilmer drives work with that many accessories (alternator, water pump, Power steering pump, and air-con pump).
I believe I have a long water pump as I can fit a finger in behind the water pump and timing cover, although I will no doubt end up getting a short water pump for clearance issues as I will be removing the belt driven fan and installing twin electric fans on the engine bay side of radiator.
I found a local guy that does mounting kits for power steering and aircon pumps but have no Idea where they mount on the motor?
I live in New Zealand so we are RHD. my alternator is currently mounted drivers side.

Cheers
Trent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0630[1].JPG
Views:	81
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	70366