Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC Head to Block
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:25 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

So, it's "don't do as I do, do as I say".

Last time: In the scope of THIS thread, being as vague as the question was- almost as an afterthought the way it was presented- I will almost never go into any great amount of depth until the OP comes back w/more. And in this case it appears that my instincts was right on target. When you've put up 20,000 posts on this forum like I have, you get a feel for it.

About crate engines:

I'm sure everyone in the market for a replacement engine would like to but a new Vortec engine and be done w/it. But in the REAL world, where guys have car payments, kids in college, mortgages, job layoffs, etc., often compromises must be made.

As far as crate engines from GM being bad, etc. at least they have a warranty that the buyer can hold the feet of the dealer to the fire with. I have never heard of someone w/a legit warranty claim being ripped off, although I'm sure if you google you could find examples. But judging by what I hear about other rebuilders, if I HAD to buy one- I would opt for something from GM before I would go elsewhere. YMMV, and that's OK, too.

Last edited by cobalt327; 11-11-2012 at 01:32 AM.