Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - sbc inneed of medical attention 911
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 01:49 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

He did say the cylinders wear with in spec of 030. over stock bore and said I could easily get to 060. with no issues.. *** He claimed that I should get alote of miles out of it***
He claims that it appears to him that some one had rebuilt the engine and used cheap parts and installed the pistons wrong. He believe someone did not use the proper oils for or after breakin and it killed the cam and took everything else with it. He did not think from looking at the cylinder walls that many miles had been turned. He aslo said any engine that he works on that has had any kinda rust in it he does not warranty unless bored.
He also noted - The crack mains wear bad and rods wear almost perfect spec.
He said someone could have ran it out time to far and that could cause the mains to take a beating.
We know that rust from that cylinder was form a cracked head.
After speaking with him today he claimed to support the lower end if it has any issues.

Im done here. This is going to have to work or im getting ride of the thing. I can not do this with a disabled wife and 1 kid and anther on the way with no job.

Im sure if there was a major problem he would have not done the work. He just comes of that kinda guy to me. He was so picky about his work he woulden install my timing cover because it was dirty (He said if I wanted it installed - I would have to have it vatted- He vatted it for free (30 min wait) He installed it and sent me on my way.