Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC Nitrous Mustang Fox
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

At a 10.60:1 engine compression ratio you are as near to running on the edge, on good pump gas 92+ octane
as you want to be.
When using nitrous and 10.60:1 cr and it don't matter where or how much or how often,, you want fuel that will not detonate.

What you can actually get away with, epends on a lot of factors. If you have to ask,,, you are best to not skimp on the quality of the fuel in the tank, when- and how ever using nitrous.

Cause when you get it just a little bit wrong. $$$$Its not going to be pretty$$$$.

I built my dedicated nitrous real street pump gas nitrous motor with a intended conservative 9.8:1 cr just for this purpose.
Reliable and powerfull goof proof running on nitrous, on premimum pump gas. go real fast without hurting parts. (I've been doing this a long time and have the trophies to prove it.)

You are on/near the practical naturally aspirated edge already for pump gas. Get used to putting good stuff in the tank when ever you run nitrous on that motor.
The money you spend on high octane gas is well worth it- if engine life matters to you.

With nitrous, quality gasoline is your best friend.
And wether you have a stock block or what ever else will not change that.

The key to successful nitrous and supercharger engines is staying well within the laws of physics.
Engines stay together when ever you do. And fly apart real quick when ever you don't.
The quality of the fuel used is most critical. Race gas is cheaper than pistons.

Last edited by F-BIRD'88; 01-19-2013 at 04:48 PM.