Hot Rod Forum banner

SBC Nitrous Mustang Fox

11K views 28 replies 5 participants last post by  prostreet6t9 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody I want to know If I Can run a simple plate system to my current setup?? I WANT to spray 150-200 shot

I have a 350 1 piece 87 2 bolt block std deck height 5.7 rods 20over stock crank 20over.. trw .100 dome piston .30 over..
comp cam flat tappet
252 260 @0.50
10:6 comp
Brodix ik200 heads
victor jr intake
JEGS electric fuel pump
fuel cell
750 holley hp jetted 71,80
dynatech headers
msd distributor, 6al, blaster
TH400 BUILT manual valve body
4500 stall
430 gear
28 tire
I know My fuel pump needs to go but what kind??
the rods i have coming eagle i beam forged 5.7
crank is cast will this be okay for one season?
should i sply the block? is it worth the machine work? I want it to be street friendly but can be able to handle the hit
My concerns are the block I have...will it be ok for what im looking to do?
Im yanking the motor soon to change bearings from a wiped cam earlier in the season should i degree my cam? right now its at 0 positon key...Cam card suggest to advance it to 4 degree key..should i do it for nitrous?
Ijust want a good nitrous motor to bring me into the high 9s im :)
thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
cjay,how long does it take you to assemble the engine? do you record all clearances?do you custom fit all the parts,ie: file the ring gap? do you measure all the side gaps in the rods,do you fit each piston as exact as possible?
When you take the engine apart,do you compare the wear from the original build specs?

#5 ·
No i didn't get exact with the measurements..it was my first Re-build of a motor...but i remember the ring gap in the cylinder wall was 18 on the feeler gauge but i didn't check each piston to each cylinder I WANT do ALL for next season..

#7 ·
build it a couple more times before you add 200 NO2.You are well on your way to building good engines,just get a little more experience.Until you take apart an engine thats hurt you have not yet really learned corrective measures.After that,move your power up and your experience will make that engine last longer

#8 ·
The ring gap on nitrous is different than on N/A engines.The top ring gets hot and expands.If the ring butts together your not going to be a happy camper.I'm not a big fan of Eagle anything and nitrous is hard on engines.True enough they sell you as big a shot as 200 plate,but not the rest of the story.You should have a dedicated separate fuel supply for race gas and the electronics to retard the ignition timing at the top end.Forged pistons,GOOD forged rods(not the lowest cheapest common denominator),and not a open question cast crank,with good rings.I coined a name for a concept.It's call "the open book build". No budget,no time limits.You just over a open time span when money is available collect the good parts you need in a build with clear goals.When you done you add up what is cost to do.And you are mindful that do-overs cost more................

#10 ·
Ya im not sure if i posted in the right section...the motor is in a fox body mustang mini tub. it has a 8 point
I havent weight the car yet...I cant use nitrous in a car that weights less than 2500?
Do i have make it a separte fuel system for the nitrous even if its a 150 shot on a plate system?
would you recommend a nitrous conroller for a 150 shot? because my car is a lighter?
thanks I Appreciate the help everyone!

This post has been deleted
#15 ·
So I dont need 1.5 gal cell....just run straight from my primary cell another fuel pump and use race gas...pretty simple I guess.
okay...so when i use nitrous put race gas in and when i want to drive it on the street then what? can this nitrous race gas motor run on pump gas??
this is what i really want to know

#14 · (Edited)
fox suspensions

You can drop the front cross member. slot the holes about and inch and move the front wheels forward, with smaller front tires you shouldn't have to modify the fender lip. motor back as tight to the firewall as possible. Mini tub ? the stock Fox rear suspension attaches to the floor, you need stronger mounting points . on a fox that has been driven hard you can pull the rear seat and see distortion and maybe even a few broken welds. do you have the sub frame kit installed . with what you are planning too do you should have the ladder type on each side. more tie plates. front structure should have a tubing square added to the front radiator support,fender to fender on top and bottom rail to bottom rail.A full width brace across the back of the engine compartment fender to fender, then add the shock tower to cowl bracing and shock tower to shock tower cross brace. Bird cage the inner parts of the car.

#16 ·
You can drop the front cross member. slot the holes about and inch and move the front wheels forward, with smaller front tires you shouldn't have to modify the fender lip. motor back as tight to the firewall as possible. Mini tub ? the stock Fox rear suspension attaches to the floor, you need stronger mounting points . on a fox that has been driven hard you can pull the rear seat and see distortion and maybe even a few broken welds. do you have the sub frame kit installed . with what you are planning too do you should have the ladder type on each side. more tie plates. front structure should have a tubing square added to the front radiator support,fender to fender on top and bottom rail to bottom rail.A full width brace across the back of the engine compartment fender to fender, then add the shock tower to cowl bracing and shock tower to shock tower cross brace. Bird cage the inner parts of the car.
It's not stock fox everything has been done .. i'll post pics up soon

#19 ·
Alight.. so since my CR is higher a small shot of nitrous is more efficient...I was thinking about a power shot system fixed shot I've heard mixed stuff about it...I wasnt planning on spraying more than 150 to be honest with you..But yes! I will use race gas when using nitrous....I know run the carb little fatter and retard the timing...But when using race gas on a street pump gas motor.... does it effect anything else?? do i have to re-tune the motor for this?
Thanks again

#21 ·
Maybe I wouldnt know what to do with the math,true.Maybe only you know what to do with the math?
I say the following statement should not be posted for us stupid people ,as you are calling us.

"Stay within the laws of physics and it will make a ton of reliable power
and not come unglued."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.