Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC Stocker engine/trans; a couple of questions.
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

rocker change:
LOL,,,gain-add about 5% to the HP peak "maybe" going to 1.6 when ya only got 220HP doesn't do a whole bunch for ET/mph....

as often as not,,,changing just the intake or exhaust rocker ratio helps the most depending on the stock heads I/E ratio configuration and head exhaust port design restriction type problems and restrictive exhaust manifolds ...
(to find the actual best/worst ratio combo possible you almost have to do the changes and test on a dyno)

my $.02:
focus on the car is totally safe for her to drive!!!

13's 100mph+ is plenty quick for her to learn how to drag race,,,(reaction times/60' times=who wins a stock class race)
with those very deep rear gears and "instant" TQ from the stock cam at launch it will likely be a hand full to get traction out of the box!!!!

I wouldn't change anything until I had some ET slips to see what the 60' times do look like (with just timing and carb tuning to best match the pad)...
and then had "carefully" read the rules of the local strip for what changes are/are not allowed...