Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SBC Stocker engine/trans; a couple of questions.
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 07:11 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqzbox
And yet, you want to make it faster? I'm scratching my head here. It seems your contradicting your first two sentences.
If I were you, I would let my daughter learn with it the way it is and then drop a bigger engine in it. I had a 55 with a 283 and 30/30 solid cam in it and it and even though it sounded good, it wasn't what I was planning on.
And then there was the constant ticking from the rockers.
I agree with you, but this is a real step down for me, back into a door car after 25 years (yawning). I'd like to see it in at least the mid 13's. I don't want to take this car apart, even if it's temporary; 57 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery, 220 H.P. 283, currently has a cast iron Powerglide, Junior Stock Class O/SA car, that's been in storage since 72'. I have a lot of parts at my disposal, but most are borderline, or way too overkill, for this car. Any larger engine, or substancial increase in H.P. to the current engine, then the rear end will also have to be swapped out. I bought this car because it had history, and was complete; I'd like to keep it original, but have some fun with it also. Her Mitzubishi Lancer OZ Rally with a 5 speed would probably be almost as quick (even with the throttle limiter installed on it).

Last edited by junior stocker; 07-12-2010 at 07:17 PM.