Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - sbc vortec vs lt1 intake bolt pattern shared or different
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:36 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
No they are not the same. The water passages in the head/intake manfold are different too.
So is the respective height of the intake port. Port alignment is not the same.

heads and intakes are not swappable between the GEN I motors and Gen II LT-1 LT4 motors.

A L-31 vortec head needs a vortec intake manifold. There are plenty available so no good reason to consider adapting other stuff.

All the "L-31 Vortec" engines are Gen I
thank you for your time everything you said is true and correct. I will for once do the smart thing and wait for time and cash to come together. After all it's only a good deal if it works and last. I run my 91 firbird in NASA HPDE QUITE OFTEN AND THERES A GUY RUNNING A LATER COBRA R IS GIVING ME FITS ON THE LONG STRAIGHT HES ONLY 10MPH FASTER HE'S 160 TO MY 150.mUCH AS ILIKE THE TPI SETUP ON THE STREET IT'S KILLING ME AT THE TRACK MY CURRENT 350/5.7L IS 350HP AT THE CRANK THE COBRA R IS 380. TIME TO UP THE AUNTY WITH A TRIPLE PLAY HEADS, INTAKE & CAM. I DON'T USE IT AS MY DD AND HAVN'T IN COUPLE OF YEARS.tIME TO MAKE A BETTER TRACK TOY. GOODBY TPI.

ROGER THANKS