Old 12-21-2012, 09:45 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: $2500.oo Trans AM is home at last
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
whats the rules on an auto, before you need shield/blanket
Trans shield or blanket 10.99 or quicker, SFI flex plate and flex plate shield at 9.99 and quicker. That was 2 years ago when I ran, it might have changed since then? I ran a short blanket but they wanted a long one! I still got to run but was told to have a long blanket next time.

Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. Functional neutral safety switch mandatory. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles running quicker than 9.99 seconds (*6.39) or faster than 135 mph (217.2 km/h) and using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and labeled accordingly. "Blanket" type shield, appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 permitted. All non blanket type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturer's instructions) 3/4-inch (19.1 mm) x 1/8-inch (3.2 mm) straps that bolt to the shield on each side, and pass under the transmission pan, or transmission pan must be labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. Permitted in all classes where an automatic transmission is used. 9.99 (*6.39) or quicker ET cars, and 135 mph (217.2 km/h) or faster ET cars using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flexplate meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and covered by a flexplate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1. Air shifter bottles must be stamped with DOT -1800 pound (124 bar) rating (minimum) and be securely mounted (i.e. no tie-wraps or hose clamps.)

Jester
The Following User Says Thank You to painted jester For This Useful Post:
gearheadslife (12-22-2012)