Hot Rod Forum banner

Schneider race cam help

13K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  PatM 
#1 ·
Have any 1 out there use schneider cams for the chevy SBC or any motor, if so how do you like it and do you have video to here Schneider Race Cams I was thank about buying
between 1 of these cams.

I was looking for the very lopy idle, witch would be the better cam and why... I can build the motor but not good at matching parts that work good together...

Schneider cam help...

And witch cam would be better to run in a 327/30 over 210cc runner heads 58cc chamber 2.02 / 1.60 valves, black nascar air gap rpm manifold 1.6 rockers flat top
pistons with 4 valve relief in the pistons, holley carb bp carb that flows 734 cfm, muncie M22 tranny, 373 gearing in 82 camaro.

grind -

Part Number: 02005
Grind Number: 288-96H
Intake Duration (gross): 288
Exhaust Duration (gross): 296
Intake Duration (.050”): 230
Exhaust Duration (.050”): 238
Intake Valve Lift*: .485"
Exhaust Valve Lift*: .492"
Lobe Separation: 108 Intake Valve Lash: .000"
Exhaust Valve Lash: .000"
RPM Range:
3000-7200
Based on 1.5 Rocker Arm Ratio

next cam

Part Number: 0202
Grind Number: 299H
Intake Duration (gross): 290
Exhaust Duration (gross): 308
Intake Duration (.050”): 230
Exhaust Duration (.050”): 248
Intake Valve Lift*: .510"
Exhaust Valve Lift*: .525"
Lobe Separation: 107
Intake Valve Lash: .000"
Exhaust Valve Lash: .000"
RPM Range:
3200-7000
Based on 1.5 Rocker Arm Ratio

I been checking the net but can't find any chevy motor with Schneider cams install.
Any help out there...

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I no schneider/crower use to be together I no they been around for a long time a lot of people I no use the voodoo cam... just did not like to use what others are using.
schneider you don't here a lot about them... There's got to be more people out there running schneider cams.... 409 motor
what specs on the cam and type do you have it on youtube.

I was looking for that rough idle sound but still can drive on the street when...

#5 ·
A friend of mne used Schneider in his LS6 454 clone, don't remember the grind but it was a modified version of the L88 solid lifter cam and it...was...wicked. Fender shaking idle, and would blow regular street radials off the rims like a top fueler at a 50 mph roll. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them, lots of times the lower volume, more custom grind oriented companies turn out a much better piece than the flavor of the month company that advertises every third page in the magazines. Like Dawg said, you don't hear much about them is likely to be because there are no problems and they don't need to advertise heavily, word of mouth gets them all the work they need.

My sprint car racing uncle and some friends of his always used Schnieder too, maybe that means something.

#9 · (Edited)
I would go with his recommendation, and you are using 1.6 rockers so that helps with the lift. 475 HP I feel is a bit optimistic, 435 would be closer to reality IMO. Your heads appear to be ProComp/Strike Force/Short Turn brand (all are the same head) that are OK but not great out of the box and could use porting to wake them up. What are the heads?

#10 ·
The heads are procomp, 210cc runners 58cc chambers the have been touch up some, people over here in MD been getting some good clock times with the heads. I guy has a 72 vega 327 40 over motor with 2 750 cfm dp carbs rear 410 gearing running low 10s touch high 9s... this is my 2nd pair had a pair of the 64cc chambers sold them for the 58cc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.