School me in high performance SBC's. - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 06:42 PM

Last journal entry: floor sheeting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I guess I missed where it said what manufacturer does the cam....but I believe you guys.As far as heads go,I do NOT have them yet as I am wanting to see what would be the best combo for parts before I start gettn them. I only wanna build tis thing once.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 06:39 PM

Last photo:

Ok everyone,I found some info on my car. After measuring the wheelbase,and the fact that is has a factory boxed frame,and hydrolic brakes I know for sure that it is a 1936' chevy 2-door standard. Factory weight on these car was 2,645-2,805. I will be swapping in a v8,and a 5 or 6-speed so lets say that added 250 lbs. I am replacing the wood with metal,and will be running lighter front sheetmetal,and a lighter rear end so lets just go with once complete everything equals out and it come in at a close to stock 3,000 pounds. I have decided that I WILL be going with the 327.I'll punch it .030over, and zero deck the block. The factory forged SJ crank will be used,eagle 5.7 rods fitted with ARP bolts (as will be the entire engine) I am looking at some the KB hypereutectic pistons to fill the holes,and I think the dart,iron eagle 180 cast iron heads,I am looking for advice on what intake would work best for me.I am STILL unsure on what cam to go with,so I guess I will save that for last.I dont even know what type I want to run.Maybe this info can help you guys help me more,or maybe I am just ramblin'
Old 06-17-2010, 07:02 PM

As far as a cam goes are you thinking roller or flat tappet ? Solid or hydraulic ?
A high rise dual plane would work well but might not have the look you want.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:10 PM

Last photo:

thats the thing,I dont really know the pro/cons on any particular cam setup. What would work best for my 6500 Rpm peak goals ? I dont have a particular look I am after for the engine,and if the high rise,dual plane is what would benefit me the most then thats what I'll get.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.